Sr. P&C Engineer (Protection & Controls) - Chicago, IL Area
A diversified EPC Firm with over 45 years' experience is currently looking to expand their Engineering Teams within the Utilities Sector with the addition of a Sr. P&C Engineer in their Chicago, IL office.
The company is publicly traded and has over 10,000 employees worldwide. Their revenue last year was over 4.5 billion dollars. They offer a very competitive pay structure.
* Documentation and designs in support of ongoing/new projects associated with medium to high-voltage substations.
* Facilitating project work that involves protection and control systems (P&C) that are microprocessor based
* Programming & Configuration of Control devices and/or SCADA systems
* Relay Settings and Calculations
Task may include:
* Development of drawings/designs: wiring diagrams, one-line, three-line, relay and control schematics, and physical layouts
* Power systems design, studies, and analysis - AC & DC systems
* Project Engineering & Support
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline with industry specific experience
* Professional Engineering License (P.E) OR EIT/FE
* 5+ Years' experience in the Utilities Industry
* Direct experience with protective relay systems
* Direct experience facilitating Power Studies / Calculations
* Direct experience with medium to high voltage power generation systems
* Working knowledge of NEC, NPPC, NERC, and IEEE/ANSI standards