The hiring company researches and creates technologies and develops novel scientific instrumentation from their site in Abingdon. It is a truly exciting time for the company with their groundbreaking products being integrated into customer equipment and firm interest from several key industry players.
This growth means that the company requires a Mechanical Engineer who will work as part of the multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers to deliver continuous improvements, transfer these to production and assist in keeping tools in the field working optimally.
The engineering team is responsible for developing technology and introducing it to production and by working closely with manufacturing sub-contractors (OEM) through the assembly and test stages we ensure they are able to deliver a fully functioning tool.
The successful candidate will be dynamic and keen to own problems and the finding of solutions. The technologies utilized in the instruments are diverse (algorithms, electronics, embedded software, electro-mechanics, optics, vacuum etc.) and so the ideal candidate will also have a broad engineering and scientific experience and be willing to take on new challenges.
The role will report directly to the Engineering Manager and UK & international travel will be required at certain times during projects.
Development Engineer key tasks
* Provide hands on input to development projects
* Lead projects that are predominantly hardware development
* Provide support for new products and work with customers and colleagues to develop agreed specifications
* Provide appropriate documentation that facilitates manufacturing in house or by a third partyEssential skills and experience
* A first degree in a relevant engineering discipline (eg. Mechanical) or science (eg. Physics) with experience in engineering
* Experience of engineering development and release into a product (ie Product Life Cycle)
* Over 3 years practical experience in technical product development
* Project Management skills
* Fluency in written and oral technical English combined with excellent presentation and general communication skillsThe following skills and experience would be advantageous to the role:
* Experience in CAD, e.g Solidworks
* Experience of developing instrumentation or analytical equipment
* Experience of optical systems including lasers and fibres
* Experience of electronics development at board level
This role would provide a salary of £40,000 - £50,000 dependent upon experience.
If you would be suitably qualified and interested in this position then please apply or call Seth on xxxxxxx xxxxxxx8