A very well-established manufacturer of high-quality products with a strong customer reputation is seeking a Product Development Engineer to join their Product Development team at their HQ in Woking.
Despite having a highly successful existing line of products they are constantly looking forward to the future developments of technology within the industry and anticipating customer demand. This Product Development Engineer role would be split between:
* New Product Development; all activity involved in from scratch designing, prototyping and development of new products, including technical drawing, dealing with component suppliers, ensuring compliance with appropriate standards, defining product testing requirements, dealing with external test houses as appropriate for certification, and supporting the design of manufacturing processes.
* Bespoke Products Development; dealing with end customers to design bespoke products to meet their requirements. These products do not include completely new products, but are bespoke configuration of existing components. This involves working with the customer to combine meeting their requirements with matching regulatory standards.
* Technical Queries / Issues; supporting internal staff and external customer with queries of a technical nature that cannot be answered by customer services. This may also involve dealing with any product related issues or complaints.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Electrical or mechanical engineering knowledge; both through appropriate qualifications (ONC, City & Guilds, NVQ) and through hands on experience.
* Product design & specification; skill & experience of initial product specification & drawings suitable for provision for costing and detailed mechanical drawings.
* Flexible & confident. Able to juggle multiple activities alongside a baseline of product development work
* Minimum of a years experience in a similar role but does not have to be extensive duration. The company are comfortable that the right candidate with the right technical background and aptitude will learn on the job.
This position would provide a salary of up to £30,000 - £35,000 depending upon experience plus a company-matched pension and generous holiday allowance.
If you would be interested in this opportunity then please apply or call Seth on xxxxxxx xxxxxxx8