A Career with Global Opportunities
Life at Vestas is many things - exciting, rewarding, fun and challenging.
Because we are part of a young industry there is a can-do, dynamic spirit, which inspires our people to keep pushing forward the boundaries commercially as well as technologically.
At Vestas, we offer a world of opportunities for people with a global mind-set and the desire to make a positive impact.
Working at Vestas you will meet people with a broad range of skills, from a variety of cultures and we are always on the lookout for more talented individuals.
Technology & Service Solutions
Technical Sales Management APAC
Technical Bid Management China is part of Technical Sales Management APAC which is the department linking Vestas' WTG Product Management functions to the sales functions in China focusing on project engineering, contracting and technical negotiations.
- Technical ownership: To coordinate and solve all technical matters for Chinese customers/Design institutes and to be the Vestas expert on Chinese project compliance and approval process for Wind Power Plants.
- Optimize projects: Working closely with the Sales Managers and technical professionals to optimise value considering revenue potential options versus solution costs to maximise customer and Vestas returns.
- Manage technical risk: Take accountability and understand the balance between technical risk and commercial value to ensure not only complying bids but also create a well-balanced risk adjusted solution using well proven principals and procedures.
- Secure Order Intake: Support deal closures with great technical negotiation skills and developing solutions to technical deal breakers.
- Value Engineering: Provide structured technical advice and solutions based on fundamental commercial and technical value engineering principals
- Connect Vestas R&D to the Markets: Present to market participants the value of the Vestas product roadmap and technical capabilities
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent, preferably Mechanical, Aerospace or Electrical;
- Experience in contract negotiations and deal closure within the power industry and preferably within the wind industry;
- 2 years' experience in a technical sales support role including either managing technical bids involving a multi-disciplinary team.
- Having a winning mentality;
- Proven experience with winning over customers;
- Negotiation abilities and contract acumen are essential;
- Good understanding of project financial drivers and putting value engineering into practice;
- Ability to think strategically to holistically understand project business cases values;
- Highly developed communication skills, both verbal and written in Chinese and English and preferably other languages would be an advantage;
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail;
- Ability to be the key driver in a cross-functional team;
- Advanced MS Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to travel inside China to support sales contract negations.
What we offer:
Vestas provides an open, respectful and global culture, competitive compensation package and long-term career development. Choose us, choose a brilliant future! To meet business growing needs, Vestas needs a lot of talents to join us.
We care and respect all employees and will offer attractive benefits which include: A broad program of on job training, A perfect platform for professional and personal development, Bonus Program, Social insurance, Supplementary medical insurance, Colourful team activities and etc.
We put the emphasis on developing both personal and professional skills. In return, we expect you to go the extra mile to achieve results.
Primary work location: Beijing,China
You can apply online by clicking on the "Apply Online" button at the top or bottom of this page.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 57,300 turbines in 75 countries, and we remain committed to increasing that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 73 GW of installed wind turbines.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.