Jacobs is one of the world's leading providers in technical, professional and construction services. We specialise in architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and consulting. Our client portfolio includes industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
About the opportunity
Jacobs along with our JV partners are undertaking a major upgrade of the Great Northern Highway's Muchea to Wubin link and are now seeking applications from experienced personnel to undertake surveillance of road construction activities for the Miling Straight contract which is due to commence in October 2016.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Undertake surveillance activities including service relocations, earthworks, pavements, drainage, surfacing and landscaping
- Maintain detailed site records of work performed and construction activities to ensure all works are carried out in accordance with the quality system and contract documents
- Assess and report on the implementation of plans on site and on contractor performance to ensure that management plans for construction site are appropriately implemented
- Assist the Contract Manager in ensuring the consistent application of surveillance by planning programs of surveillance of quality, Workplace Health & Safety, traffic management, environmental management and progress of works. This includes the identification of non-conformance issues, and providing advice to the Contract Manager
- Oversee the site activity of contractors and public authorities verifying that the work and construction activities are performed in accordance with the contract documentation, policies, industry practices and standards
- Advise on the efficiency of activities planned or undertaken by the contractor
- This role is a 12 month fixed term contract employed by one of the ASJV partners
To be considered for this you will have successfully completed either:
- Advanced Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Advanced Certificate of Works Management [Municipal and Roads]
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction Supervision
- Certificate III in Civil Construction (Relevant Stream)
- An appropriate Building and Construction (Certificate III or IV); or
- Extensive practical road and bridge construction/maintenance experience
- It is a prerequisite that applicants possess a current motor vehicle driver licence
At Jacobs we offer rewarding careers with ongoing development opportunities, flexible working arrangements and a culture that is collaborative and inclusive. As part of the Jacob's APAC team you will have access to a wide range of lifestyle benefits and corporate discounts. We believe in collaboration and knowledge sharing, from global virtual teams to local work sharing options.
Achieve more with a global brand. Apply online by clicking on the link below. For further information please call Fiona Clarke on + xxxxxxx xxxxxxx0
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.