Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is one of the world's leading providers of engineering and construction services, including specialty consulting. We provide services to companies and organizations, in industrial, commercial domain and serve private and public sector clients and government clients across multiple sectors and geographies. We provide a complete spectrum of engineering services, procurement and construction management to process and infrastructure industry. We have a pan-India presence, with four world-class engineering delivery centers in Mumbai, and one each in Delhi, Baroda and Kolkata
Primary Job Responsibility
• Leadership of logistics department functions, including administration, for a large office, region,
or subsidiary group
• Establishes and implements effective logistics management leadership, systems, methods
and procedures for the office or region
• Participates in or leads supply management strategy development and implementation.
• Provides guidance on logistics management matters to office or region personnel
• May participate in internal and external supply management presentations
Training and Experience
• 10- 15 yrs. minimum in Project Traffic & Logistics, with specific experience in Project Logistics
• Comprehensive knowledge in all phases of logistics supply management BA or BS preferred
• Professional Certification in Supply Chain Logistics desirable
Other Essential Function
• Accountable to the Logistics Manager, Procurement Department Manager and Project
Management and/or other designated Supply Management project lead for: Effective execution
of company policies and procedures relating to logistics management (including but not limited
to, safety and ethics)
• Quality and timeliness of direction given to logistics personnel
• Timeliness, accuracy and adequacy of logistics and administration activities
• Fulfillment of all logistics activities during project performance
• Effective supervision of change activity to assure adequate protection of the company against
potential supplier claims.
• Timeliness, accuracy and adequacy of problem identification, status reporting and corrective
• Effectiveness of relationships with employees, suppliers, management, construction, customers,
support organizations, and project team members
• Works with other responsible Supply Management leadership regarding development,
implementation and support of Supply Management programs and procedures
• Works with Procurement Department Manager to plan and support Supply Management
execution for the operation
• Coordinates with Project Management, and Construction Management during project execution
• Assures compliance with Supply Management policies and procedures
• Supervises logistics staff assigned to the operation
Technical/ Professional Competences
• Overall Knowledge of Jacobs Business: Understands and is committed to Jacobs' Core Values.
• Project Delivery Knowledge: Willing and able to gain an understanding of project delivery
processes (i.e., program management, construction management, CM/GC, design, designbuild,
and design-bid-build) and their relationship to supply management delivery
• Resources/Capabilities: Willing and able to gain an understanding of overall corporate
resources and capabilities
• Communications: Has good communication skills both written and verbal. Must be able to
effectively communicate with clients and interact with operations, project, and construction
• Systems: Uses personal computer in support of supply management including Supply
Management software, electronic mail, and standard desktop software
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical / Production / Chemical Engineering (Preferably Degree).
- Experience should be 11 to15 years.
- Minimum 10 year experience in Large / Medium scale manufacturing set up or PMC / EPC consultancy out of which 5 years in expediting (Post-order management) serving to industry sectors like Oil & Gas / Refining / Chemical & Polymers / Energy / Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology / Mining & Minerals etc.
- PGDM / MMS in Materials Management will be an additional qualification.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs