About the role:
We currently have an opening for a Senior / Principal Structural Dynamics Engineer to join our Sydney office at St Leonards within the Advance Analysis and Test group (AAT). AAT is the principal simulation and testing group within Jacobs APAC and carries out analytical and experimental studies in stress, vibration and acoustics. The Advanced Analysis and Test group delivers a diverse range of projects across different industries, including transport, mining, power, defence, building and industrial and will appeal to candidates looking for variety and technically challenging work on quality projects.
Key responsibilities and daily tasks related to this role include:
- Help secure project opportunities using industry contacts
- Prepare technical and commercial proposals for test and analysis work
- Provide technical direction within areas of expertise
- Project manage and carry out test and analysis projects to achieve commercial and technical outcomes
- Supervise and coach junior staff on a project basis
- We are looking for candidates with a strong analytical ability,
- A solid academic record and more than 15 years' consulting experience in one or more of the following applied mechanics disciplines: solid mechanics, dynamics, finite element analysis and measurement techniques (strain gauging and dynamic testing), acoustics.
- A background in rail noise and vibration and dynamic testing would be highly regarded.
- Strong verbal communication and report writing skills are essential as is the ability to work effectively in a high-performance team and develop client relationships.
- It is envisaged that some short-term travel and site-based assignments will be involved, but that the majority of time will be spent in an engineering office environment.
- The current team has an inclusive culture and fosters a friendly and supportive work environment.
If this sounds like you, apply now!