JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors covering refining, chemical, petrochemical, natural gas, and energy industries.
We are currently seeking graduates with excellent research and analytical skills with basic understanding of the petrochemical industry to contribute towards and build in-house data tools which are critical for our consulting projects. The analyst will gain a wide-ranging knowledge and understanding of the issues impacting on future trends in the international petrochemical markets.
The position is based at our Mumbai office and will require working closely with our London office on regular basis.
- Undertake desk research in petrochemicals / polymers, refining and chemicals sectors at a global level.
- Review and extract industry related information from various global / local databases and publications (for information regarding existing capacities, new projects, market demand, export, imports, prices, etc)
- Regularly update and maintain in-house market models and databases.
- Co-ordinate and work closely with the London office, providing regular data inputs
- Participate in other ad hoc and multi-client studies on need basis
Bachelor's degree in chemistry or chemical engineering; B.Sc / B.Eng / B. Tech.
Postgraduate science or business degree is desirable.
• Previous experience in a commercial or techno-economic role in the petrochemical industry or within a technical or economic or market consultancy is a pre-requisite.
Broad understanding of the petrochemicals business, the structure of industry, the production technologies, plant operations and economic aspects such as markets.
Analytical skills including data analysis and identifying and troubleshooting problems. Good understanding of MS Excel including use of formulae and preparation of charts.
Research skills, understanding and extracting information from various databases and industry publications.
Good command of the English language in written and spoken forms.
Proficiency in MS Office suite of programs.
Should be a self starter, highly self motivated. Be able to work independently and report results and findings to Consultants in the UK and US.
Good team working skills
Prepared to work in an environment of creative pressure