We are looking for a Site Supervisor with strong management and technical skills. Are you interested to be part of a global organization with a high-paced, international work environment wherein you can apply your experience and skills? If yes, Vestas has opportunities for you to further expand these capabilities in the wind industry.
Vestas Wind Technology Japan Co., Ltd.
Vestas Asia Pacific & China provides both sales and service of wind power plants in Australia, New Zealand, India, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, the Philippines and the emerging markets in North South East Asia (NSEA).In the Service Department, our focus is to provide our clients with high quality and best possible production of their wind power plants. With our long standing excellent track record and service experience globally, we work to ensure that we manage our clients' plants effectively to get the most out of each turbines while upholding to our commitment to safety standards.
- Site reporting to the Service Manager
- Management of general daily on-site issues, reporting and site work deliverables
- Planning and preparation of site work rosters and schedules; managing these with SAP
- Management of and co-ordination with on-site personnel (Service Technicians) to ensure all work is performed timely, efficiently, and safely
- Liaison and co-ordination with on-site employer representatives and Subcontractors
- Present the Site Induction to all Vestas on-site personnel and Subcontractors
- Ensuring Quality, OH&S and Environmental requirements (including reporting and record keeping) for the site are being maintained and complied with by onsite personnel and Subcontractors
- Attending site meetings with client
- Conduct toolbox and daily work team briefings
- Review and approve time sheets and expense reports
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering preferable.
- Experience in supervising, leading team members (Service Technicians) for planning and management of a site
- Experience in maintenance operations, leading as example in 5S and Lean activities, preferably from maintenance work handling high voltage components
- Experience in the following industries are preferred: wind industry, heavy machinery industry, construction, rotating machinery, chemical refinery, petroleum, shipyard/ship repair, marine industry.
- Possess license to work on high voltage / operate cranes and/or forklifts would be beneficial
- Possess a valid driving license in Japan
- Supervisory license for electrical and electronics candidate are preferable
- Comfortable working at heights
- Japanese Language: native-level fluency
- English language: intermediate-level skills (must be able to write emails and communicate in English; read and comprehend in English)
- Strong people management, project management and coordination skills
What we offer:
Vestas provides an open, respectful and global culture, competitive compensation package and long-term career development. Choose us, choose a brilliant future! To meet business growing needs, Vestas needs a lot of talents to join us. We care and respect all employees and will offer attractive benefits which include: A broad program of on job training, A perfect platform for professional and personal development, Bonus Program, Social insurance, Supplementary medical insurance, Colourful team activities and etc. We put the emphasis on developing both personal and professional skills. In return, we expect you to go the extra mile to achieve results.
Work location: Japan - Tokyo and various sites all over Japan
This position requires high frequency of travel to various sites all over Japan
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.