Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Jacobs has a long history in the field of water resources. Our services range from the scoping and analysis of potential developments, through construction and commissioning of new resource schemes to the efficient management of established operations. The company has completed contracts in countries throughout the world, working on schemes involving water supply, hydropower, heavy industry, irrigation, fish farming and amenity use.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Engineer within our wastewater network modelling team based in Birmingham. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- As a Senior Wastewater Modeller you will be working on wastewater network projects as part of Jacobs Utilities business unit. Responsibilities to include:
- Driving health and safety through everything we do. Carrying out modelling functions safely and to the appropriate level of completion and quality
- Senior wastewater network modeller for Jacobs wastewater network & integrated catchment modelling programme
- Working under a Principal Modeller leading project teams undertaking modelling and survey supervision work
- Working as a senior within the modelling team to complete scopes of work to quality standards, agreed budget and time frames
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with internal and external staff
- Overseeing the work of modellers, graduates and junior technicians in the modelling team
- Minimum of a Degree or Honours Degree in an engineering or geography related discipline
- Chartered engineer or approaching chartership (ideally ICE/CIWEM)
- Demonstrable experience in modelling in InfoWorks CS including verification, survey supervision and optioneering/design of solutions projects (e.g. DG5 solutions)
- Experience of UID/Water Quality & RTC modelling techniques
- Strong analytical and report writing skills, ability to review the work of others and proactively feedback
- Proven ability to lead a modelling team, liaising directly with client and mentoring other project team members
- Familiar with current industry best practice and able to actively contribute to innovation in this field of expertise
- Experience of working with InfoWorks ICM software
- Experience of SUDs legislation, application & modelling
Other Essential Functions:
- Flexibility in terms of travel (UK and international)
- Site visits and meetings as required
- There may also be opportunities to be based out of our Leeds, Warrington offices
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all