The Quantity Surveying function within the Programme Management Construction Management division of Jacobs UK provides clients with a full range of pre and post contract quantity surveying services. We have an opportunity for a Technical Director to join our growing team in the Midlands.
The role will require the successful candidate to take a team leading role within the Wolverhampton office with a view to helping expand our service offering and building a team within our Birmingham office. The candidate should be client facing and be able to demonstrate the technical skills required for the role with focus on technical project delivery, ensuring services are delivered with high client satisfaction. This challenging role will provide the opportunity to work within a variety of sectors and has potential for further career development within Jacobs.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Include, but not limited to the following:
- Utilise Jacobs best practice tools and processes to support project delivery in Quantity Surveying.
- Manage projects through the entire project lifecycle.
- Prepare estimates, cost plans and tender documentation using various forms of measurement and contracts.
- Be proficient in measurement for Schedule of Works and Bills of Quantities production.
- Prepare and agree interim valuations with contractors and issue recommendations for payment.
- Pricing variations throughout the duration of the contract and provide cost advice.
- Attend site meetings, and provide input and support to the project.
- Price and prepare monthly financial cost reports and cashflow forecasts throughout the period of a contract.
- Agree re-measurement of quantities with contractors, and prepare and agree final accounts and claims. Prepare final accounts for clients that are suitable for audit.
- Preparation and analysis of statistical cost information to monitor trends in the Building Industry and assisting with cost planning future projects.
- Administer and provide advice on contracts, typically the JCT and NEC forms of contract.
- Provide assistance to other disciplines within the company as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree educated in Quantity Surveying or other relevant qualification.
- Professional Qualification: RICS Qualified MRICS Chartered Quantity Surveyor or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of applicable industry standard forms of contract, typically JCT and NEC.
- Pre and post contract knowledge.
- Experience of cost forecasting and reporting, cost control, cost risk management, advising on procurement options, procurement documentation preparation, contract documentation preparation, contract administration and contract documentation.
- Good general commercial awareness.
- Use of computerised measurement packages.
- Good team player.
- Able to act on own initiative.
- Willingness to travel