Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Within our Energy, Waste & Water (EWW) Business Unit team we have a vacancy for a Senior Civil Engineer with wastewater networks experience to work within a small team reporting to a Divisional Director and to project specific Project Manager(s).
Within EWW our teams have a number of water & wastewater related roles working on any or all of the following project stages:
- Concept stage design
- Front End Engineering Design
- Detailed design
- Technical support and construction supervision
- Commissioning and handover
We are looking to engage the right calibre of Senior Civil Engineer to be part of a multi-disciplinary team and help drive interesting and challenging projects to completion. You would be based in our Birmingham design office.
Primary Job Responsibilities
As a Senior Civil Engineer you could be working on a variety of wastewater network projects.
Responsibilities likely to include:
- Acting as Solution Engineer and Civil Lead for the feasibility and design for small/medium/large wastewater network projects
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, ensuring the delivery of high quality feasibility and design projects
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with the other discipline engineers and leads on the projects
- Leading a multi discipline design team to complete scopes of work within agreed time frames and to budget
- Mentoring and development of civil graduates and junior staff; supervision and line management of graduate engineers
- Assisting the Quality Manager and PM to meet Health and Safety and overall project quality objectives
- Checking and reviewing the work of peers and junior staff
- Masters Degree in a related engineering discipline
- Chartered Engineer (ideally ICE / CIWEM)
- Experience in the design of wastewater networks and pumping systems
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with client and other project team members
- Excellent communication skills, including written work.
- Experience in leading the Civil design of small/medium or large projects
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with Clients and other project team members
- Working knowledge of NEC Engineering and Construction Contract and Professional Services Contracts
- Water Networks design
- Water/Wastewater treatment plant hydraulic design.
- Experience of working on Design and Build Projects
- A confident driver with full license
- Flexibility in terms of travel (UK and international)
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well being of all.