Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients. With over 60,000 employees across the globe we're continuing to grow our business every year.
We are looking for talented people to join us across the UK and Ireland to continue our focus on building relationships and delighting our clients (90% of our business is repeat business). In return we have opportunities to work on unique and exciting projects, and a stable platform upon which to develop your career.
Jacobs is creating an enviable reputation in the UK highways consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with the Highways agency, Contractors and Local Authorities. And our plans to add to this portfolio continue. So would you like to be a member of our exciting team?
- You will be part of a team of engineers and technicians working on a variety of different projects.
- As part of the design team you shall assist in the preparation of feasibility studies, scheme reports, preliminary and detailed Civils design for projects throughout the UK and Ireland. Projects could include highways, drainage or flooding works.
- You may be required to attend progress meetings and public exhibitions.
- Working in other offices may be necessary from time to time dependant on projects.
- A degree in Civil Engineering
- You should be nearing or gained CEng/IEng and MICE status or equivalent.
- In depth knowledge of DMRB
- Experience in the design and procurement of highway schemes.
- Basic knowledge of project management and contractual issues.
- Good IT skills are essential.
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
- Driving licence
- Experience of MX/3D Civils would be an advantage.
- Experience of drainage design (WINDES or equivalent).
- Experience of construction supervision.
- Awareness of different contract types and procurement options.
We offer a competitive package which includes a Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and the opportunity to participate in our Flexible Benefits programme which offers up to 28 days holiday per annum and a range of additional benefits.
JACOBS is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.