Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to generate and develop great ideas and to turn those ideas into reality. We're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Within our Energy, Waste & Water (EWW) Business Unit team we have a vacancy for a Senior Civil Engineer reporting to a Technical Director and to project specific Project Managers.
The vacancy is a water related role working on any or all of the following project stages:
- Feasibility and concept stage design
- Outline design and detailed design
- Technical support and construction supervision
- Commissioning and handover
We are looking to engage the right calibre of Senior Civil Engineer to be part of a team and to help drive interesting and challenging projects to completion.
You would be based in our Birmingham Office, Shrewsbury Office or Shifnal Office (co-located with Severn Trent Water).
Primary Job Responsibilities
You would be working as a Senior Civil Engineer on clean water projects which could be either Infrastructure (pipelines) or Non-Infrastructure (e.g. service reservoirs, boreholes etc).
Responsibilities likely to include:
- Acting as the lead for identifying options and confirming solutions for small/medium/large projects
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, ensuring the delivery of high quality outputs
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with other Jacobs project staff and with client stakeholders
- Leading a project team to complete scopes of work safely, within agreed time frames and to budget
- Mentoring and development of civil graduates and junior staff
- Checking and reviewing the work of peers, graduates and junior staff
- Masters Degree in a related engineering discipline
- Chartered Engineer (ideally ICE / CIWEM) or near to achieving Chartered status
- Experience in the feasibility assessment and design of clean water pipeline systems and pumping systems
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with other project team members and with the client
- Excellent communication skills, including written work
- Experience in leading the civil design of small/medium or large projects
- Experience in the management and supervision of groundwater projects, in particular borehole development and/or rehabilitation
- Working knowledge of NEC Engineering and Construction Contract and Professional Services Contracts
- Water treatment plant hydraulic design
- Experience of working on Design and Build Projects
- Appreciation of Network Modelling / Engineering.
- A confident driver with full license
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well being of all.