Hands on position which includes oversight, direction, mentoring and training for the assigned team.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Active participation in project set up by reviewing associated information and ensuring appropriate set up in the system.
- Ensures internal consistency, completeness, and accuracy of project data including but not limited to accruals,revenue and cost budgets, EAC updates, invoicing and project costs.
- Work with Project Managers to agree/discuss project status including contract values and assist Project Team in the determination of monthly updates to cost budgets (EACs).
- Review contract terms and associated information; ensuring contract is setup is correctly.
- Ensure project costs are accurately recorded in the system and take corrective action as required.
- Identify the need for cost accruals and their processing if needed.
- Issues 3 party invoices/back charge invoicesand ensure they arein accordance with the terms and collatesupporting backup documentation.
- Collects, reconciles, seeks approval and processes all project related subcontractor payments, general expenditures, internal payroll costing allocations and all other financial transactions in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet all contract payment terms.
- Preparing monthly project reports and analysis in accordance with month end timetables and identify variances and potential areas of concern.
- Liaise with project team to ensure that all project costs are monitored and controlled.
- Work with Project Managers to agree/discuss project status including contract values, estimates to completion.
- Performs standardized duties and tasks requiring the application of corporate procedures, established best practices and techniques throughout all phases of a project within weekly, monthly and quarterly deadlines.
- Coordinate and respond to project financial questions.
- Degree in the field of Finance / Accounting
- 10 - 15 year's project experience (including cost management experience) in a complex engineering/construction environment
- 5 year's supervisory experience
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis
- Excellent analytical skills
- Superior business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Access)
- Superior communication skills
- Excellent business acumen
- Excellent project controls skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Superior teamwork skills
**CPA or CMA requiredThe ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location CH2M, Toronto
Toronto, ON CA
View on Google maps