The Challenge? Help support our Transit and Rail clients and have a hand in transforming tomorrow
Lead Rail Vehicle Engineer-Toronto, Ontario
CH2M have a growing business in major transit programs and require an individual to lead the consultant team providing engineering support for a major program procurement of new rail vehicles and projects involving reliability improvement or product upgrades.
The qualified candidate must have experience in rail vehicle fleet engineering, maintenance and operation, plus experience with all stages of a vehicle fleet procurement program from specification development through commissioning. Requires knowledge of industry requirements and experience interfacing effectively with clients and manufacturers.
The role will comprise:
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Provide project management and technical support to a variety of assignments. Role will include support of procurements for new rail vehicles on a major regional program.
- Lead the consultant engineering team in support of a major rail vehicle procurement project. Manage the interface between consultant team and client, and also the interface between the carbuilder and the client/consultant team.
- Provide Engineering and PM support in preparation of technical specifications for functional/ sub system/ testing/ maintenance & training requirements for rail vehicle or subsystem procurements.
- Perform technical reviews of vehicle and subsystem design for transit and railroad fleets, analyze requirements, and prepare review comments for disposition of Contract Deliverables.
- Perform oversight of witnessing of factory testing of vehicles and subsystems prior to approval for shipment; log discrepancies and prepare reports for status of system testing
- Monitor field implementation and testing activities for a range of rail vehicles.
- Support System integration of vehicle subsystems and complete vehicles from different suppliers for compatibility and functional performance
- Assess performance and specification compliance for vehicles and subsystems.
- Have a thorough familiarity with vehicle and subsystems from key suppliers in the market in order to perform detailed design reviews of product and system submittals.
- Support the regional transit systems Operations Leader in business development efforts to grow the vehicle business within the Canadian market.
- Proven record of professional experience in rail vehicle fleet engineering, maintenance and operation, plus experience with all stages of a vehicle fleet procurement program from specification development through commissioning.
- Team leadership role with supervision responsibility of the technical team comprising several senior and junior engineers
- Proven record of progressive experience in transit/transportation vehicle engineering and related project management.
- Experience interfacing effectively with major transit authorities and manufacturers. Good communication and ability to articulate engineering concepts is important.
Good writing and verbal communications skills, detail oriented and ability to work independently are essential.The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- 15+ years of design/application/oversight experience in the transit industry on rail vehicle projects
- Experience with commuter rail or railroad vehicles is essential, experience with rapid transit vehicles or light rail vehicle projects and buses a plus.
- Network of industry contacts and history of APTA/CUTA participation a plus.
- BS degree required; preferably ME or EE.
- P.Eng desirable
Job Location CH2M, Toronto
Toronto, ON CA
View on Google maps