Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
As part of one of the world's leading providers of professional, technical, management and multi-disciplinary Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) services, Jacobs' Nuclear & Defence business provides engineering design, construction, planning, support, survey, design-build, program/project management, safety and quality support to our Nuclear Industry clients.
Jacobs has developed an international reputation for quality, responsiveness and innovation. With more than fifty years of experience across the complete nuclear asset lifecycle, we support client delivery and their requirements at every stage of a project.
We are a recognized leader in the energy industries; our teams consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in their categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, and Top Transportation Companies.
Globally, the group operate in diverse market areas including nuclear and high-tech science projects (covering programme and project management, design and engineering, construction, commissioning, operations, maintenance, radioactive waste management and decommissioning), power (conventional and renewables), defence, infrastructure, buildings, transport (road, rail and air), environmental, water, and maritime.
Currently we have opportunities for Project Engineers to support the nuclear area of the business.
We wish to recruit experienced and talented people with a proven track record of working with teams in complex brown field environments, where the focus is on safe and effective delivery. We are particularly interested in people who have been involved in delivering multi-disciplined projects that include C&I, Electrical and Mechanical elements with nuclear or process industry experience.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Support the Project Manager with day to day activities required to deliver work in line with the project plan including safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives.
- Facilitate and chair project meetings and regular progress meetings as required by the Project Manager.
- Prepare and maintain project documentation including Project Definition Document, Quality Plans and other documents as required.
- Ensure production of technical specifications and support the process of contractor selection and contract placement.
- Review documentation including contractor's documents and drawings.
- Ensure technical queries are managed in accordance with process and procedures.
- Carry out financial and technical appraisals of project options. Perform feasibility studies, site surveys and liaison with designers and station staff as required.
- Prepare work packages including preparation of work order cards and review of contractors risk assessments and method statements. Carry out duties of APSA when required.
- Prepare Engineering Changes and manage the preparation of supporting and affected documents.
- Prepare commissioning documents and act as test team leader where appropriate.
- Manage the delivery of assigned small projects, jobs and tasks ensuring that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner in line with the relevant procedures.
- Perform the duties of a field supervisor as required.
- Perform the duties of a nominated supervisor as required
- Typically degree educated, ideally in engineering or related subject.
- Typically Chartered Engineer or equivalent (HNC + strong experience in specific engineering discipline e.g. civil, C&I, electrical etc.)
- APMP formal Project Management qualification.
- Competency: IPMA level D - Knowledge level 4 and Experience Level 0-3.
- You must Suitable relevant project experience within engineering/construction projects, including the application of project management processes.
- Suitable relevant technical experience including the preparation of technical documentation, the review and approval of technical proposals and procedures, experience of construction, testing and commissioning activities.
- Experience of supervising and setting contractors/sub contractors to work in their roles and experience in leading a project team.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including Construction Design Management and Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Knowledge of budget monitoring, commercial awareness and experience at managing contractors.
- Strong understanding of the need for Quality within the project environment and familiarity with the use and structure of Quality Assurance documentation.
- Must be well versed in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Successful candidates must be capable of obtaining a full UK Security Clearance.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.