Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
As part of one of the world's leading providers of professional, technical, management and multi-disciplinary Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) services, Jacobs' Nuclear & Defence business provides engineering design, construction, planning, support, survey, design-build, program/project management, safety and quality support to our Nuclear Industry clients.
Jacobs has developed an international reputation for quality, responsiveness and innovation. With more than fifty years of experience across the complete nuclear asset lifecycle, we support client delivery and their requirements at every stage of a project.
We are a recognized leader in the energy industries; our teams consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in their categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, and Top Transportation Companies.
Globally, the group operate in diverse market areas including nuclear and high-tech science projects (covering programme and project management, design and engineering, construction, commissioning, operations, maintenance, radioactive waste management and decommissioning), power (conventional and renewables), defence, infrastructure, buildings, transport (road, rail and air), environmental, water, and maritime.
Currently we have opportunities for Project Managers to support the nuclear area of the business.
We wish to recruit experienced and talented people with a proven track record of working with teams in complex brown field environments, where the focus is on safe and effective delivery. We are particularly interested in people who have been involved in delivering multi-disciplined projects that include C&I, Electrical and Mechanical elements with nuclear or process industry experience.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Applying the company project controls standards and developing, maintaining, reporting and trending an accurate project baseline.
- Securing, assigning and maintaining a project team containing all the resources required to successfully deliver the project, including specialist support staff.
- Leading and coaching the project team members creating a positive team working environment.
- Identifying and assessing risks and implementing effective risk mitigation strategies.
- Managing assigned projects from concept (Gate A) to close out (Gate D) and maintaining effective integrated project execution strategies and plans.
- Implementing and maintaining effective communication to the project team and all stakeholders including Station interactions to ensure full understanding and commitment to the deliverables
- Meeting the specified project functional criteria.
- Controlling scope and cost to the agreed project baseline.
- Contract management responsibilities where delegated in the F3 Nomination of Contract Roles form.
- Maintain regular involvement of and communications with the Project Sponsor.
- Ensuring that any control arrangements identified, as part of the implementation of Licence Conditions, are adhered to during the lifecycle of the project.
- Typically degree educated, ideally in engineering or related subject.
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent (HNC + strong experience in specific engineering discipline e.g. civil, C&I, electrical etc.)
- APMP formal Project Management qualification.
- Competency: IPMA level C - Knowledge level 5 and Experience Level 4.
- You must be fully versed in modern project management techniques within complex, multi-functional organisations; have a thorough understanding and knowledge of engineering, technical development, design, procurement, significant safety case production and development, construction and installation/commissioning management and commercial contracting. You should also have significant brown-field project management experience and experience of operating at all levels within corporate support centres.
- Demonstrable experience of managing technical and/or complex safety case projects throughout the full project lifecycle, ideally across a range of complex multi-discipline projects and environments, and management of an integrated project team including staff, agency and assigned functional support. You must be able to demonstrate experience of estimating, cost control, planning and commercial awareness including the preparation of business cases and sanction/ funding papers.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of Safety Cases including how they are developed and implemented, relevant Health and Safety and Environment legislation including CDM and the actions required to achieve compliance along with a proven track record of working within highly regulated environments with high safety standards and culture. You must also have a good understanding of the needs of quality and how quality is assured and controlled along with relevant experience of commercial, contractual and financial project drivers. Experience of fast-track projects and project start up with multiple work streams requiring rapid development to a conclusion.
- Must have excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to develop relationships and maintain effective networks and be results-focussed tempered with a team-centred approach. You must be a strong conflict manager with a firm and assertive approach but take the analytical approach with a "can do" problem solving ability. Will require leadership, influencing and interface management skills and be capable of working with communities with conflicting focuses.
- You should be experienced in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, be proficient in the use of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools and in the use of Earned Value tools. Analytical approach with high-level problem-solving ability.
Successful candidates must be capable of obtaining a full UK Security Clearance.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well being of all.