Are you a results-driven procurement leader with a track record of successful accomplishments, and a strong change manager? And do you have experience in after-market or spare parts procurement? If you also thrive in a fast paced international environment, leading a dynamic high performing team, then you should consider taking up the challenge of continuously driving our procurement organization to excellence!
Global Procurement - Service & Spare Parts
Service & Spare Parts Procurement is a recently established department designed to support the Vestas global service business and its end customers. We are organized around four pillars; global category procurement, local sourcing, repair and non Vestas fleet. Our strategic objective is to build a competitive advantage for Vestas in the growing service arena by delivering category management strategies, cost out pipelines, quality, value creation and on time delivery. Given the dynamics of the after-market and our dedicated aim to claim leadership in that space, you will join a dynamic environment with strong growth potential.
The Service & Spare Parts procurement department is a vital player when it comes to secure business growth and competitiveness. You will work very closely with our global service organization. The Global Procurement Director is a key role in the organization, and you will be part of the Service & Spare Parts management team. You will report directly to the Vice President of Service & Spare Parts Procurement.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead and develop the global procurement organization covering employees, strategies, cost out pipelines, value creating and on time delivery
- Lead a cross-functional category team to success
- Deliver a competitive advantage to the business by ensuring procurement at best conditions
- Ensure that strategies are in place to meet business needs and growth
- Define and implement new ways of working, and best practices to achieve organizational excellence
- Actively collaborate with stakeholders to understand and support business requirements
- Ensure that organizational targets and budgets are met
- You have several years' leadership and people management experience
- You have experience with procurement/category management, preferably within the after-market or spare parts area
- You have a relevant educational background to support your experience
- You have experience in building and managing high performing teams
- You are a mature, confident leader and coach with strong negotiation skills
- You are able to think out of the box, challenge status quo, and establish new ways of working
- You have strong stakeholder and change management skills, and a solid track record of delivering successful results
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are an energetic self-starter with strong business acumen, who enjoy a dynamic environment
What we offer
We offer an exciting and challenging job with excellent professional and personal development opportunities with a global leader in wind energy. As a member of the Service & spare parts procurement management team you will also contribute in setting the direction of the function
- The primary work location will be in Copenhagen or in Aarhus, Denmark.
- Approximately 65 travelling days per year should be expected.
- For additional information about the position please contact Vice president Service and Spare Parts Procurement, Emma K. Johansson on xxxxxxx xxxxxxx
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.