Are you an experienced leader and people manager with a strong drive and business mind-set and do you have the skills to deliver high class project leadership in close cooperation between Global IT and business units across Vestas?
Then you might be our new Head of IT Programme & Project Management to achieve Vestas' ambition of increasing the business value of our IT projects.
Global IT / Strategy, Governance & Portfolios / Portfolio & Project Office / Project Management
Global IT is the business area responsible for IT within Vestas Wind Systems A/S, and with reference to the Group CFO, Global IT covers everything from IT strategy, business engagement and requirements gathering to project implementations, infrastructure operations, Service Integration between vendors, and end user support.
Strategy, Governance & Portfolios is a new function in Global IT, supporting the CIO in leading, developing and controlling Vestas' IT strategy, IT Financials, and IT portfolio and project execution. The Project Management department is part of the Portfolio & Project Office. We are looking for an experienced leader and people manager to take the lead and drive the delivery of top class IT projects.
We value initiative, enthusiasm, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
You will be responsible for the Project Management department, providing leadership, coordination and management of the project execution. Management and coaching of the project managers within the department is crucial. Providing feedback and ensuring that the department meets the targets that are aligned with the organization's strategic objectives and that projects adhere to best practices is essential.
The overall responsibilities of your area will be:
- Drive continuous development by executing distinct leadership, motivating and developing your staff.
- Professionally drive the execution of IT related projects / programs / business changes.
- Deliver projects on-time, within budget, and meet all functional and technical requirements (scope).
- Plan and coordinate the capacity and usage of Project Managers with the Portfolio Management.
- Ensure solid vendor relationships to provide a pool of external Project Managers.
- Manage the collaboration and coordination with other IT and corporate functions to ensure alignment and stakeholder management in the execution of the portfolio, projects, programs and changes.
- Support the Project, Program and Business Change execution capabilities by supporting and facilitating implementation efforts and Organizational Change Management on the business side.
Qualifications and work experience:
- 5 years in the area of project management and execution.
- Demonstrated leadership experience within the area of PMO/Project management.
- Academic degree within Economics & Business Administration, Computer Science or similar.
- Deep knowledge of the Project Management discipline combined with excellent people management skills.
- Experience from international organizations and with sourced environments working with AgilePM.
- Can interact with senior management on how IT can enable both long and short term business objectives.
- Strong english communication skills and experience of executive level presentations.
We expect you to have:
- Strong leadership skills and strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills.
- A self-motivating and result oriented mindset as well as a strong cross functional understanding.
- A business oriented mindset with the ability to work with various leaders, colleagues, and management.
- Structured, analytical, systematic and good understanding of business development.
- Prepared for change, being motivated by a high pace and a high energy-level.
- Can work determinedly and efficiently handling a diversified workload without losing focus on task ahead.
What we offer
We give our leaders and employees an optimal framework to thrive and develop both professionally and personally. All tied together by a common culture that reflects our global mindset, which is characterized by accountability, collaboration and simplicity - and a unique willingness to aim for the goal.
We offer a great opportunity to make a difference by shaping the way IT helps create business value. We offer an exciting and challenging job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment at the world's leading wind turbine producer.
Primary work location Aarhus, Denmark and some travel must be expected.
For additional information please contact Senior Director, Global IT, Thomas Mortensen on xxxxxxx xxxxxxx
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.