Would you like to influence and drive our competitiveness through improvements in civil infrastructure, transport and construction? And to define long-term ambitions based on market requirements and trends? Then please take a look at this challenging career opportunity and join the world's leading supplier of wind power solutions.
Technology & Service Solutions (TSS) / Product Management / 3 MW Product Management
In a highly competitive and globalized market, Product Management drives the Vestas Product Strategy making sure that Vestas always has the right competitive product offerings to stay ahead of competitors. Product Management has a global reach into our sales regions, including Technical Sales Management with responsibility for technical sales and bid management.
In everything we do we have a commercial and customer oriented approach. We are measured on the impact the product platforms have on Vestas profitability and ability to continuously lower the cost of energy. We are responsible for aligning the Product Strategy globally across our Sales Business Units in order to support local markets success and by this taking into account the dynamics of the global market for wind power plant solutions.
Product Management has the strategic lead of the turbine platforms and power plant product roadmaps. We are accountable for the establishment, review and quality of business plans for new product development and for the daily management of the offerings in terms of global technical sales support.
In order to lead the product through the value chain and all the way to the market Product Management cooperates with many stakeholders across Vestas.
You will be part of the Wind Turbine Product Management Team responsible for the product strategy & roadmapping of Vestas' two global product platforms. You will be assigned your own specific area of responsibility with key tasks and deliverables in the field of Civil Infrastructure, Transport & Construction. Drawing on your good understanding of technical solutions and the processes surrounding onshore wind project execution and delivery, your responsibilities will cover:
- Continuous technical and commercial evaluation of products and services in the area of Power Plant Civil Infrastructure, Transport and Construction
- Building and refining of product roadmaps in area of responsibility based on long-term ambitions with clarity of customer value propositions as well as market requirements and trends
- Scoping and initiation of development projects for products and services derived from civil infrastructure solutions, transport and construction solutions
- Ensuring establishment and follow up on business cases related to new product development projects in alignment with our Sales Business Units, the Technology & Service Solutions organization, and other relevant functions across the value chain.
- You hold a B.Sc., M.Sc. or an MBA - preferably in Civil Engineering combined with a commercial education or relevant commercial experience - or in Business/Economics combined with a technical education or relevant technical experience
- Previous work experience in Project Execution of wind projects, or developing technical solutions for wind project execution
- You have a few years of experience within Product Development, Engineering, B-2-B Product Management in the wind industry, or other relevant industries
- A good understanding of a wind OEM's product portfolio, business model, business drivers, and value chain would be preferred
- You possess excellent communication skills, and are fluent in English, written and spoken
- You are a team player and an excellent networker who appreciate to work with many stakeholders in a global organization.
- You have a commercial mindset
- You are pro-active, self-driven and you always have the results in focus
- You are motivated by taking your knowledge about wind power plants and turning it into profitable offerings that deliver attractive value for our customers and profitable growth for Vestas
What we offer
We offer a very exciting job in a flat, multi-cultural and dynamic department focusing on reaching world class results. To us, it is all about knowing the market and our customers, defining the right products and getting it done - all in the best possible way. We would like you to participate in that mission
The primary work location is Aarhus, Denmark but travel activities up to approx. 15 days per year must be anticipated.
For additional information about the position please contact Vivi Saabye at xxxxxxx xxxxxxx]
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.