Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients. With revenues approaching $11billion and approximately 80,000 employees across the globe, we are continuing to grow our business every year.
We are looking for talented people to join us across the UK and Ireland to continue our focus on building relationships and delighting our clients (90% of our business is repeat business). In return we have opportunities to work on unique and exciting projects, and a stable platform upon which to develop your career.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the Highways UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include the Highways Agency (HA), Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, National Contractors and numerous Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue apace regionally and nationally
As a Bridge Engineer you will be working on a variety of project types, sizes and complexities. Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of bridge and bridge related structural scheme designs at feasibility, optioneering and detailed design stages.
- Undertaking design or assessment calculations.
- Supervising the production of design drawings or other project related design deliverables.
- You will be responsible for resolving technical issues as they occur and for the monitoring of progress of your areas of responsibility.
- Organising and carrying out General, Principal & Special Bridge Inspections.
- Preparation of contract documents.
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Minimum three years' experience in the highway bridges or railway bridges sector.
- Experience of design analysis and assessment of structures using SuperSTRESS, Archie, MEXE, etc.
- Experience of designing bridges to the current codes and standards, including Eurocodes, BS5400 and DMRB.
- Good working knowledge of the Specification for Highway Works.
- Able to produce well-presented and accurate drawings and reports.
- Capability to manage own tasks, costs and meeting deadlines.
- Good IT skills.