Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients.
Jacobs is heavily involved in helping to transform the worlds transport system to deliver a less congested, high quality and reliable service for travellers and businesses. During the past 20 years the company's transport planning team has developed an impressive array of skills and a considerable track record of achievement. Our extensive portfolio of projects involves working with various major clients in the transport industry, including local authorities, private sector and government clients.
We currently have an opportunity within our Transportation business in our Exeter office for you to work with a team of transport planners and modellers on a variety of highways, public transport and pedestrian planning projects.
You would support the preparation, development and analysis of transport models and the production of appraisals and data reports for a range of major and minor projects. Candidates should be highly numerate, and able to innovate and problem-solve. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Occasional travel within the UK and/or overseas may be required.
A numerate degree is essential. A BSc in Engineering, Mathematics, Geography or Economics would be preferred. We will also expect:
- Proficient in two or more standard strategic or micro-simulation transport modelling packages, e.g. VISUM, SATURN, CUBE, EMME, VISSIM, S-Paramics.
- Ability to build networks and run scenarios with limited supervision.
- Experience of collecting and analysing traffic data.
- Experience of building demand matrices, including data processing, demand modelling and forecasting.
- Ability to produce clear, precise and coherent analysis and reports from transport models and transport appraisal techniques.
- Ability to work both as part of a sophisticated multi-disciplinary team as well as possessing the ability to work independently to solve problems.
- Degree qualified, you will have experience as a Transport Planner for road and/or public transport studies with the ability to contribute to the success of a range of high profile transport projects.
- Experience of project and client management covering programme, resources, finance and quality control.
- Track record of successfully mentoring and developing junior colleagues and sharing technical knowledge.
- Demonstrate collaborative behaviours and engaging style of delivery.
- MSc in Transport or equivalent experience.
- Wider experience of local transport planning work e.g. Business Case development, Transport Assessments etc.
- Experience in working with junction modelling software (e.g. Junctions8, TRANSYT, LINSIG etc).
- Experience of statistical analysis / programming.
- Chartered Engineer or other relevant professional accreditation (Chartered Membership).
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.