JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Jacobs transport planning discipline has an enviable reputation in the UK consultancy sector as a result of our extensive portfolio of high profile projects. Our projects involve working with various major clients in the transport industry, including local authorities, private sector, and government, throughout the UK and Ireland.
We wish to recruit a Transport Planner to complement our current team in Exeter. You will become part of a respected and ambitious team, and the role will provide every opportunity for you to make your mark and influence the continuing sustainable growth of Jacobs in the UK.
As a Senior Transport Planner you will be involved in delivering a wide range of transportation projects, for various high profile clients across the UK. In order for you to fulfil this role you must therefore have a detailed knowledge and experience of transport policy.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
- Proficient in the development of Transport Assessments and Statements to support Planning Applications
- Proficient in Transport Strategy and Masterplan work
- Proficient in Sustainable Transport and the production of Travel Plans and other behaviour change material
- Ability to produce clear and coherent analysis and reporting for a variety of transport projects
- Experience of building demand matrices, including data processing, demand modelling and forecasting.
- Ability to work both as part of a sophisticated multi-disciplinary team as well as possessing the ability to work independently to solve problems.
- Degree qualified, you will have experience as a Transport Planner for road and/or public transport studies with the ability to contribute to the success of a range of high profile transport projects.
- Experience of project and client management covering programme, resources, finance and quality control.
- Track record of successfully mentoring and developing junior colleagues and sharing technical knowledge.
- Demonstrate collaborative behaviours and engaging style of delivery.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
- MSc in Transport or equivalent experience
- Wider experience of local traffic and transport planning work e.g. network management, traffic management plans, data collection, Business Case development etc
- Support to the Public Inquiry process, or attendance as an Expert Witness at inquiry or appeal
- Chartered Engineer or other relevant professional accreditation (Chartered Membership)