Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of
professional technical services to industrial, commercial and
government clients. With revenues approaching $13 billion and over
60,000 employees across the globe, we are continuing to grow our
business every year.
We are looking for talented people to join us across the UK and
Ireland to continue our focus on building relationships and delighting
our clients (90% of our business is repeat business).
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the UK consultancy sector as a
result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include the
Highways England, National Contractors and Local Authorities. Our
current challenges include a significant portfolio of infrastructure
projects for the Highways England, Transport for London,
Buckinghamshire CC and Devon CC and many more opportunities
are in the pipeline, including projects in the Middle East. So would
you like to be a member of our Street Lighting team based in
As part of the expansion of our street lighting team across the UK, we
are wishing to recruit a confident and competent Lighting Senior
Engineer to join our established Street Lighting team. You will
become a member of an expanding design and consultancy team,
taking a role in leading the delivery of street lighting and electrical
design and the provision of consultation services throughout all
stages of project development.
As a Lighting Senior Engineer you will be undertaking a variety of project types, sizes and complexities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading the preparation of street lighting and electrical designs at feasibility, optioneering, planning and detailed design stages.
- Project management of small projects including programme and cost monitoring.
- Delivery of technical specifications and contract documentation.
- Preparation of fee estimates, technical reports, feasibility studies, designs, specifications and contract documents.
- Conducting detailed daytime and night time lighting surveys.
- Production of Environmental Lighting Impact Assessments reports, Economic Assessments reports and Business Cases.
- Involvement in the production and updating of client policies and procedures.
- Interfacing with other Jacobs engineering disciplines such as geotechnical, highways, railways, airports, safety and environmental engineers.
- Liaise with clients, electricity suppliers, contractors, professional organisations, sub-consultants and other design teams.
- Technical checking and design reviews.
- Business development including attendance at CPD events, exhibitions and seminars.
- Ensuring projects are delivered in accordance with company and client quality requirements.
Experience of designing to British lighting and electrical
standards (including but not limited to BS5489, BSEN xxxxxxx
Conversant with the relevant aspects of the Design Manual
for Roads and Bridges.
Experience of liaising with clients, the public, stakeholders
and local authorities.
Knowledge of Highways England (HE) or local authority
requirements for relevant projects
Experience of carrying out lighting inspections and light
Clear communication skills and the individual must be able to
develop strong technical credibility with the client and be able
to foster relationships in a partnering environment.
The willingness and ability to identify personal development
areas and to work towards addressing these areas is crucial.
Experience with completing detailed site inspections /surveys.
Strong technical report writing skills.
Computer skills including a working knowledge of proprietary lighting
and electrical design programmes such as:
Castline & AMTECH
Degree level education in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
or a related field, ideally a min. 2:1 class.
You should have gained or working towards CEng/IEng and
MILP/IET status or equivalent.
Institution of Lighting Professional Exterior Lighting Diploma.
Appropriate BS 7671 (Wiring Regulations 17th Edition)
G39 certificate held.
CSCS card held.
Prince 2 qualifications.
We offer a competitive package which includes a Pension and Life
Assurance Scheme, paid holidays of up to 32 days inclusive of
national and public holidays and a Flexible Benefits programme
including the option to buy additional holidays, private health care and
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed
to the safety and wellbeing of all.