Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients. With revenues approaching $11billion and approximately 80,000 employees across the globe, we are continuing to grow our business every year.
We are looking for talented people to join us across the UK and Ireland to continue our focus on building relationships and delighting our clients (90% of our business is repeat business). In return we have opportunities to work on unique and exciting projects, and a stable platform upon which to develop your career.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the Highways UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include the Highways Agency (HA), Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, National Contractors and numerous Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue apace regionally and nationally
- Reporting to the Project Manager, you will lead a team of engineers and technicians working on a variety of projects.
- You will be responsible for the preparation of feasibility studies, scheme reports, scheme design for highways, drainage, flooding and a variety of other projects.
- You will be responsible for resolving technical issues as they occur for a range of areas across the project and for the monitoring of progress.
- You will be expected to attend progress meetings, public exhibitions and public inquiries.
- Working in other offices may be necessary from time to time dependant on projects
- Dealing with Client issues
- Responsible for checking of your teams work before passing to Project Manager
- A degree in Civil Engineering.
- IEng/CEng and MICE status or equivalent.
- Proven experience of most aspects of major highway schemes.
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of DMRB standards.
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
- Competent at working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Good IT skills
- Driving licence
- Experience of construction supervision.
- Knowledge of the financial management and control of projects.
- Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options.
- Able to produce well presented and accurate reports.
- MX/3D Cad proficient, and/or drainage design capabilities (WINDES or equivalent)
We offer a competitive package which includes a Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and the opportunity to participate in our Flexible Benefits programme.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.