Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world's energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
Basic Job Functions:
Perform day to day operational activities to ensure smooth operation of WWTP & UPW.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Operate the WWTP & UPW plants independently
• Ensuring WW discharge is in full compliance to the legal requirement
• Ensuring UPW supply comply to the specification of end-user, and no supply interruption
• Responsible to carry out critical unit processes such as IX regent, MB regent, batch tank
• management, RO pre-filter changing, RO cleaning, UV-TOC shutdown/startup
• To assist and coach the Associate Technician whenever necessary
• Perform basic troubleshooting on the system, processes or any abnormalities with the support from Technician II, and/or Engineer
• Minor repairing job (pipeline, pump leak, valve) (applicable for PM)
• Carry out Preventive Maintenance job (pumps, filter press, chemical dosing system, valves) (applicable for PM)
• 0-2 years related experience or any other similar related field
• Diploma in Science or Engineering
• Ability to communication both in English and B.Malaysia
• Meticulous and attentive to details
• Able to adapt to changes fast and have flexibility
• Possess good tardiness
• Fast learner
• Possess problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge in handling wastewater equipment
• Knowledgeable in using Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel & Powerpoint)
Physical Requirements (if any)
• Will sit and stand for long periods of time during the day.
• Will walk, climb stairs and on equipment.
• May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist
• May lift up to 50 lbs.
• Required to use hands to finger, lift, handle, carry or feel objects.
• May stoop, kneel, bend, talk and hear.
• Specific vision abilities are required.
• All associates working at a First Solar manufacturing or R&D facility may be required to wear a respirator at any given time and thus, the ability to wear a respirator is a condition of employment and continued employment (requires little or no facial hair)
English (Required), Malay (Required)-
Diploma: Engineering (Required)-
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.