Jacobs is one of the world's leading providers in technical, professional and construction services. We specialise in architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and consulting. Our client portfolio includes industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
Our Transport team in Wellington is growing fast and has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Senior / Principal Transport Planner with knowledge of the NZ transport network. Now is a great time to join us as we are currently working on exciting city shaping projects across New Zealand, including cycleways, busways, LRT and new roading projects.
About the opportunity
As part of our Wellington based team, which includes senior capability in Transport Planning, Traffic Engineering and Operations, Asset Management and Intelligent Transport Systems, you will lead projects, contribute to strategic business planning, provide technical expertise and expertise, develop staff and maintain and establish enduring client relationships. You will have the opportunity to be involved in Transport Planning locally and nationally with the potential for involvement in overseas projects.
This is an exciting time to join the Wellington team as we are growing fast and are a part of a national team with plans for a great future.
- Business case and/or investment decision making expertise working with the Transport Agency and / or regional authorities
- Proven technical leadership capability in Transport Planning
- A broad and deep understanding of the transport issues faced by our clients in Wellington and across New Zealand.
- Strong capability to apply transport planning skills and professional judgment across multi-faceted projects, potentially including journey management, TDM, PT, active modes, transport strategy and others.
- Well-respected with an extensive local network
- Able to mentor and lead team members
At Jacobs we offer rewarding careers with ongoing development opportunities, flexible working arrangements and a culture that is collaborative and inclusive. As part of the Jacob's APAC team you will have access to a wide range of lifestyle benefits and corporate discounts. We believe in collaboration and knowledge sharing, from global virtual teams to local work sharing options.
Achieve more with a global brand. Apply online by clicking on the link below.
Please note: If you are being represented by recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
Applications for this role close on Friday 30 September 2016.