Life is too short for the wrong job - would you like to be part of a team generating groundbreaking concepts for the wind industry and can you think out of the box, be creative, passionate, bold and involved - you may well be the candidate we are looking for!
Innovation and concepts
In the Concept Development Department innovative ideas are transformed into concepts that build the foundation for Vestas to remain the industry leader. We base our working environment on a high degree of freedom to try new concepts and willingness to take high technical risk, because failures are one of the sources for groundbreaking innovations.
We are a team of diverse people with different technical competencies, educational backgrounds and personal traits - we are very open-minded and encourage a go do approach.
You will be responsible for bringing new ideas into concepts that demonstrate the core elements of the ideas and removes the major uncertainties both technically and commercially. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
Control architectures ranging from turbine to plant to energy system level.
Lead the investigations and development of control concepts needed for solving challenges related to energy supply in a society with several different energy sources
Power supply, demand and price forecasting modelling
- An engineering background, minimum Master level, and broad technical understanding.
- You have 5-10 years of experience with development of control algorithms.
- Worked with research, innovation and traditional engineering.
- Experience/expertise in model-based control system design
- Theoretical and practical experience with statistics and data analysis
- Experience with power capacity balancing, demand and supply forecasting
- Experience with arbitrage/electrical pricing/metering
- Knowledge about grid challenges in frontier, emerging and mature markets
- Knowledge about energy storage
- The ability to dive into the details and challenge the process to secure an agile and fast concept development process.
- You are inquisitive and curious, uncompromising in your quest for pushing the boundaries and execution oriented.
- You are not afraid of failure and are energized by solving difficult challenges in a collaborative environment.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to think out of the box
- Open minded
- Able to work in an environment with a high degree of uncertainties
- Go do approach to obstacles in project execution
- Ability to facilitate and resolve technical choices, using data and sound, simple engineering principles
What we offer
- Ability to learn and adapt ground breaking new solutions by practically applying new technologies
- Broad breath of technologies and Vestas Value Chain knowledge across entire product offering
- Be a part of an environment where we challenge the existing products.
- Fast paced, entrepreneurial spirit
- We have an environment where you have to be creative
- A team of highly diverse engineers which work with the entire wind turbine
Work location will preferably be at Vestas Technology & Service Solutions Headquarter in Aarhus, Denmark. You will work close together with colleagues globally in Vestas and partners and universities outside Vestas, so 20-30 days of travel pr year must be expected.
For additional information on the position please contact Senior Specialist, Electrical, Load & Control
Erik Carl Lehnskov Miranda at xxxxxxx xxxxxxx.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.