xxxxxxx0 - Construction Mechanical Supervisor - Static
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Construction Mechanical Supervisor - Static, based in Abu Dhabi.
This role directs Subcontractor activities for Mechanical Construction (Static Equipment) of the CPP (Central Process Plant), ensuring that Plant Construction works are performed according to the erection schedules and Project documents, within the assigned cost budget, and according to Quality & Safety procedures, as well as according to the terms and conditions of the subcontract.
* Prior to the start of works, to check the Supplier's material and technical documentation delivery schedule.
* Check that the same is in line with Construction schedules and contractual commitments.
* Prior to the start of works, control and approve the Method Statements submitted by the Subcontractors, ensuring their correct application on the field.
* Ensures the implementation of all the HSE procedures and standards for the areas or activities (subcontractors) of responsibilities.
* Directly participates to the HSE activities at site as defined for his position in the Site HSE plan and related procedures.
* To check that the said schedule is kept to, and to promote action to recover any delay.
* To check that the equipment and manpower employed by the Subcontractor are adequate and that the works performed by the Subcontractor conform to design documents, Safety regulations, and to the Quality level fixed by the same.
* Perform inspections and sign the necessary certificates as per Site Inspection Plans.
* To prepare the non-conformity register for each Subcontractor and co-ordinate nonconformity resolution.
* To detect any design errors, and where possible rectify the same or request the Site Engineer to make the necessary changes.
* To check Subcontractors' work progress status sheets and sign the same for approval.
* To manage vendor specialists.
* To assist the Contract Manager/Engineer in defining new prices, in preparing amendments to subcontracts and in analyzing and discussing claims.
Skills and Experience
* Candidates must meet the below requirements before being considered for the role:
* Moderate experience in a similar position in EPC Oil & Gas projects (gas pipelines beneficial)
* University degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Fluent English
* Excellent IT and analytical skills
* Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
* Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills, self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution
* Attention to detail, strong communications and interpersonal skills
This is a contract position on rotation 90 days on, 15 days off.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference xxxxxxx0.