xxxxxxx0 - Contract Cost Engineer
Our client is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies. Employing over 100,000 personnel in around 90 countries their strategy is to reinforce their position as a leader in the Oil & Gas industry.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Contract Cost Engineer, based in Pernis, Netherlands.
* Manage subcontract costs to lowest possible level within contract framework
* Provide cost/progress input for contract management plan in support of contract holder and C&P contract manager with setting up, monitoring, forecasting and reporting of subcontractor costs
* Identify and drive potential cost savings for the project
* Validation of subcontractor cost calculations against contract rates
* Administer contract variation orders
* Validation of contractor progress payments
* Monitor contractor staffing/de-staffing plan
* Analyse cost data and provide visual management input to contract management plan
* Cost spend vs plan (unit rate/reimbursable, directs, indirects)
* Contract variation status (approved/pending/implemented)
* Overview of Construction Work Package calculations
* Review contract rates and identify potential cost saving areas
* Minimise time and material work
Skills and Experience
* Dutch (HTS/HBO): bachelor's degree or equivalent
* Fluent in written and spoken Dutch
* Fluent in written and spoken English
* Moderate experience in refinery/chemical capital projects in execute phase, for various types of contracts and clients: including moderate experience as a Cost Engineer/Contract manager/Finance in Projects professional
* Strong Commercial mindset
* Result oriented
* Analytical skills with the ability to transfer data to actionable information using visual management techniques.
* Open, Proactive and Solution oriented
* Strong team-player
* Strong communicator
* Sound knowledge of:
* Contract management
* Cost engineering
* In-depth professional knowledge of Excel
* Working experience with SAP
* Workable knowledge of other project control tools and the remaining project procedures
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference xxxxxxx0.