xxxxxxx8 - Packaging Engineer
Our client is one of the world's largest providers of professional technical services. With a global network of more than 160 offices they operate in over 20 countries.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Packaging Engineer, based in Mumbai.
* Providing technical support to the Equipment Engineering team for various packaging lines used in a pharmaceutical/food projects
* Development of Layout options for the specific project requirement
* Organise, manage and accountable for the Specification, TBA Preparation and Vendor Drawing Review
* Candidate needs following to be carried out
* Work to generate URS and Datasheet along with Layout Development for:
* Powder Filling and Packing line for Jar/Pouches/Drums
* Liquid Filling and Packing line
* Combo filling and Packing line
* Blister packing of cartridges & Ampoules
* Carton and Case Packing
* Track and Trace
* Labelling Machine
* Ensure that any work carried out is in compliance with Global Engineering Standards and Quality Management System (QMS) including local national, International regulatory requirements
* Timely completion of designs, requisitions and engineering deliverables
* Monitor that work and progress are in compliance with the project requirements and schedule
* Maintain contact with other disciplines/groups to ensure
* Project Manager and/or Engineer are aware of problems of progress delays
* Proper interchange of information
* Proper interchange of documents
* Interface is correctly defined
Skills and Experience
* Mechanical Engineering degree is a must
* Moderate experience in in handling packaging line in Design consultancy or manufacturing or technical services department of a Pharmaceutical/ Biotech /Food plant
* Candidate should possess knowledge in carrying out work related to the preparation of URS, Datasheet, Technical evaluation and price bid evaluation, generating order specification, checking of vendor drawings w.r.t. specification/design codes and able to achieve target with quality & safety norms for the packaging lines
* Technical knowledge of different Items/ Equipment's of Packing lines
* Evaluating Life cycle costing
* Practical experience in troubleshooting with design out engineering solutions
* Knowledge of Primary, Secondary and Tertiary packing material and its storage
* An Operational Excellence or Lean Sigma Green Belt desired
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference xxxxxxx8.