I am currently looking for an Optical Engineer to join my client on a rolling contractual basis, the client is primarily working on infrared projects with the focus on lens design for various applications.
DURATION: 3 Month Rolling
RATES: Market Rates
Optical Design Engineer - Key Responsibilities:
Carry out/co-ordinate optical design activities using various software packages.
2. Lead Optical Engineering activities in support of new bids including concept generation and downselection, planning and estimation
3. Optical Engineering support to build and integration phases of all projects
4. Optical Engineering support to production
5. Optical prototype testing during the development phase
6. Specification of optical test equipment required for both development and production phases.
7. Adherence to Optical Design procedures and maintenance of design records in accordance with ISO 9001.
8. Liaison with suppliers of optical components and assemblies.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Optical Design and Analysis
* Cost and Schedule control
* Appreciation of mechanical, electrical design of optical and laser systems
* Substantial experience in an optical engineering related field
The client has advised they would be interested to speak with suitable candidates at their earliest convenience, they would hire successful candidates from a one stage face-to-face interview.