Role: Piping Engineer (PDMS) - UK Nucelar New Build
Location: Bristol, close to M4/M5 junction
Salary: £25-42k + excellent benefits (salary dependant on experience)
An exciting opportunity exists for a skilled and ambitious Piping Engineer with experience of work on large construction projects and proficient in the use of PDMS to work for our prestigious client in helping to design the next fleet of nuclear power stations in the UK.
This role would ideally suit a candidate with 2-8 years experience looking to further develop their career, though more experienced candidates will be considered.
This is an office based role based at the client's head office 2 minutes drive off of the M4 / M5 junction in Bristol.
The Piping Engineer will be responsible for detailed design of pipes (including supports), which involves coordination and verification of work performed by CAD designers, including:
* Checking of the 3D PDMS model
* Checking of support calculation reports
Any previous experience of work in the nuclear industry would be of particular advantage, whilst other experience of work on 'heavy' regulated industry proejcts would also be useful.
Accountabilities may include:
* Checking design in the 3D model
* Checking support calculation reports
* Coordinating final checks on the model to be provided to contractors for fabrication activities
* Leading a team of CAD designers and planning the activities
* Managing follow-up of modifications and relations with the other sections (layout and piping calculation mainly) and the piping team in France
* The Piping Engineer reports to the Piping Design Group Leader.
* They work collaboratively with piping calculation engineers, piping CAD designers as well as with the layout & systems teams in the UK and France
For the right candidate, or client can offer a salary of up to £ xxxxxxxalong with an excellent benefits package and the opportunity to work for a respected and ambitious company at the forefront of the UK nucelar new build industry offering excellent prospects for future career development and advancement.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction