Spencer Ogdeb are seeking a Quality Manager for a key client based in Coventry. Our client, who are a global investor and consultancy firm and a specialist within the Smart Metering market.
Due to expansion they are seeking a Quality Manager with a background in compliance and Assurance in Smart Metering to join them on a permanent basis.
Based at the Meter Processing Centre in Coventry, this role will report directly to the COO(Assets), developing and managing standards, processes and policies that deliver the compliance and assurance framework for metering equipment, asset management strategies and logistics.
The role will include:
* Developing, managing and monitoring engineering and technical specifications and standards (including SMART, BSI, IEC, ISO & HSE etc.). Ensuring standards are operationalised and aligned to our contracts.
* Fault determination of metering assets: testing and evaluating meter hardware and firmware, detailed fault review and managing any related incident investigations.
* Developing and maintaining management policies, procedures and work instructions to ensure accreditation requirements are met and maintained.
* Management of the Safety, Health and Environment system for MEL, ensuring the system is robust and controlled.
* Liaising with regulatory bodies (OFGEM/DECC/Gas Safe/NMO), standards making bodies (BSI/IGEM) and trade organisations (AMO/UKMF).
* Management of quality control and reliability testing through due diligence processes for new asset procurement or major product change.
* Ensuring compliance with legislation, industry standards and Codes of Practice.
* Maintaining MEL industry accreditations against MAMCOP
* Managing the regulated meter testing programmes, such as National In-Service testing and PEMS review and development.
* Product Change control - management of meter product change; either requested by manufacturers or on a periodic audit basis.
* Identifying and resolving asset management/engineering technical issues.
* Providing high quality technical advice to management and colleagues on compliance issues.
* Providing technical authority to MEL.
We are looking for a highly competent, technical manager with sound knowledge of metering and industry practice. Professionally qualified with a degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline preferably with I.Eng status and with proven experience in a metering related role. In addition they will have:
* Demonstrable knowledge and expertise in gas and electricity metering
* SMART technical knowledge
* Previous experience in a technical compliance / quality role
* An eye for detail and a desire to get to the root cause of problems
* People management experience, including coaching and development
* Good level of IT skills, including Excel
* A track record of delivering work to time and to budget without compromising standards.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills, with the tenacity to see things through to completion
* Good communication skills to build and maintain relationships with customers, manufacturers, regulatory bodies etc.
* Previous experience of quality management systems
* The confidence to question, challenge and advise in a lead technical role
* A willingness to get 'stuck in' when required
* IOSH qualification
* I.Eng professional qualification and membership
Some travel will be required as part of this role.
For more information about this role please contact our London office