Based in Rosyth, Eden Scott's client is looking to hire a Procurement Specialist to manage the Supply Chain for the Group. Responsible for carrying out all purchasing activity, the successful candidate will be required to negotiate with new and existing suppliers - as well as assist in finalising and maintaining Bills of Materials for both existing products and other projects.
As the Sole Member of the Procurement team, the successful candidate will be required to carry out purchasing of all materials for the Production Department including electrical components, plastic, metal parts and accessories - therefore previous experience in this area is required. The role will also work closely with the Technical department regarding changes to existing products and procurement for new products.
Other duties include:
* Source and procure materials within budget
* Monitor stock levels
* Minimise stock outs of required components
* Liaising with existing suppliers to ensure deadlines are met and costs are managed
* Negotiate and help to specify contracts with new suppliers for existing and new components
* Assist finance in resolving any invoice queries
* Liaise and work closely with colleagues across the business, in particular in production, quality and technical, as well as finance