Morson International are currently recruiting an Operations Director to work for our client a market leading Precision Engineering Company who specialise within the aerospace sector.
As the Operations Director you will be responsible for planning, developing and implementing strategy for operational management and development in line with the company's strategic business plan, culture and values. Strive for high levels of manufacturing excellence within agreed budgets and timescales. Responsible for manufacturing, maintenance, warehousing & distribution, quality, planning & procurement and departmental Health and Safety.
* Establish and maintain appropriate quantitative and qualitative systems for measuring operational performance.
* Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales.
* Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets.
* Liaise with other functional/department managers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development, and to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives, purposes and achievements.
* Maintain awareness and knowledge of modern manufacturing processes and systems and develop into strategic operational improvement plans and communicate them to Directors and Managers within the organisation,
* Deputise for Board and other Senior Management in their absence and provide cover for Senior Management peers where necessary.
* Contribute to the enhancement of the company's quality standards and the general work environment. This will include identification and recommendation of improved methods of working to aid everyone in the organisation.
* Act as change agent for change in the Company's overall business development giving support to any change programme.
As the ideal candidate you will be educated to degree level and hold a minimum of 5 years' experience in a senior management position within manufacturing. Your background will be from a technical or mechanical engineering background. You'll be a strong leader and will be able to manage, motivate and develop the management team for our client whilst being able to work under pressure.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this busy manufacturing company who offer very competitive rates of pay and enviable working hours.
If you hold the relevant skills and experience, please apply.