* Preparation of the project execution plans, including definition of project objectives and strategies, work scope, risk and opportunities, overall work plan and schedule, financial plan, quality and safety requirements etc., consistent with the terms of the respective Contract and AMEC project execution plan mandatory contents.
* The administering of the contract agreements between AMEC and its Client.
* The administering of the contract agreements between AMEC and its subcontractors whereby AMEC and Client interests are protected and costs are managed.
* The maintaining of close contact with respective Client Representatives throughout the project to ensure satisfactory reaction to Client's needs or criticisms.
* The monitoring and control of project performance against budget, schedule, and quality and safety requirements using appropriate control tools and reporting of same to AMEC Management and Client.
* Preparation of regular project progress and cost reports. Cost report to include the Earned Value Analysis with Forecast on completion.
* The identification of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that appropriate change requests are current and adequate.
* The promotion of quality and safety on the project in consultation with quality and safety representatives. The issuing of directions for job close-out and the securing of the final project acceptance and contract release from client.
* Collaboration with in-house designers and support functions.
* Deliver substation projects safely, on time, within budget, exceeding the client's expectations
* Be an ambassador for the Company, and a good example to the rest of the project team
* Leading and managing the project teams on substation projects through all phases of design, construction, commissioning & close out
* Experienced of managing the input of design teams on substation projects
* Experienced in coordinating and interfacing with construction team and sub-contractors
* Experienced in coordinating and controlling team delivery in accordance with agreed cost, schedule & change without compromising SHEQ standards
* Experienced in developing and maintaining good relationships with client and sub-contractors
Knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities
* Ability to review client's Scope of Work for completeness and clarity of intent. Liaise with client groups on points requiring clarification
* Ability to manage preparation of Project Control Estimates, review and approve same
* Ability to issue instructions to proceed with the work to all relevant project personnel
* Ability to instigate and conduct project start-up meetings
* Ability to manage engineering design work to ensure design intent is achieved within budget and timescale
* Maintain overview of material requisition and procurement status for projects
* Manage preparation of project schedules
* Propose and execute remedial actions for all identified problem areas associated with schedule slippage
* Manage expenditure against project control budgets for projects. Alert the Senior PM / Commercial Manager of any potential cost overruns
* Ensure variations are raised and processed at the correct stage for any changes in the work
* Attend client meetings as required
* Knowledge of Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment studies
* Ability to manage the execution of all project close-out activities.
* Degree or similar/equivalanet in Electrical Engineering
* NEC 3Form of Contract
* CITB SMSTS
* UKPN Sysytem Authorisations
Amec Foster Wheeler ( xxxxxxx) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.