The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Provide Mechanical (Fire Engineering, Tunnel Ventilation, HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection) Engineering design, calculations and CFD modeling services for clients and other Jacobs Offices as required.
• Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and other Mechanical Engineering computer modeling
• Fire Engineering analysis and reports
• Design of HVAC systems
• Design of Plumbing systems
• Design of Fire Protection systems
• Code and Life Safety Analysis and reviews
• Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of the National Fire Protection Association Codes, State & Municipality codes and client specific requirements as required
• Conduct facility evaluations for compliance with procedures and fire protection codes and standards, identify deficiencies, recommend corrective actions and provide the necessary technical support to resolve issues. Evaluate alternate means and methods for achieving code compliance.
• CAD Design using AutoCAD, Microstation, BIM
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline is required
- Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline is preferred
- At least 2 years of previous professional experience with the design of HVAC systems is required.
- Knowledgeable on Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Advance Fluid Dynamics, Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer is required
- Knowledge in ANSYS Fluent, MATLAB, AutoCAD, BIM, and programming in C++ is required
- Excellent oral communication and written skills
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple tasks
- Travel as needed
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.