Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
The Gas Operations NDE Supervisor is directly responsible for providing leadership, project management, evaluation of proposals, bids, strategic planning, client interface, quality oversight, fore casting, budgeting, and overall direction to the Gas Operations NDE team members they provide oversight too.
Qualified candidates should possess the necessary skills to assess and understand the businessneeds of clients, and at all times, promote a culture of safety and quality in a manner that is consistent with PG&E's line of sight goals and competencies.
The NDE Supervisor should routinely deliver a high level of customer service, develop work plans, monitor assignments, ensure work expectations are met at all times, such as safety, scope, schedule, cost, quality, environmental and regulatory compliance. All NDE department initiatives and plans should be effectively communicated with our clients, work unit personnel, management, and other stakeholders. The Supervisor will also ensure that work expectations are fully met by the Gas Operations NDE team and take appropriate and effective corrective actions when needed.
- 7 years of experience leading and managing a NDE organization that provides examination and inspection field services in the energy industry, preferably natural gas pipeline related
- Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering or technical field, or equivalent related technical certification
- Experience working within a services organization delivering NDE services to the Natural Gas pipeline, Gas or Electric Operations and Energy Supply industries
- Management experience in the NDE of new construction pipeline operations and integrity management programs
- General financial knowledge to estimate costs, budgets, prepares proposals and track spending
- Experience managing contractors and other supplemental resources
- Knowledgeable in the traditional NDE methods such as VT, PT, MT, UT, AUT and RT (CR, DR and Film) and also with In-Line inspection (ILI) tools and methods
- Experience with Quality Control, Quality Assurance and process improvement
- Experience evaluating and developing research and development initiatives in the NDE industry - Excellent decision making skills and ability to see big picture and prioritize competing priorities
- Current or previous certification as a NDE Level II or III (RT, UT, MT and PT)
- Knowledgeable with ASME Section (III, V and XI), API 1104, API 5L and AWS
- Proficient in using all applications within in the Microsoft office suite
- Proven ability to motivate and lead teams
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong multitasking, planning, marketing, sales and organizational skills
- Adaptability to changing environments, shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Effective oral and written communication skills with management, clients, and subordinates
- Responsible for defining future services for the NDE organization that benefit PG&E. Work with business partners to evaluate and assess new technology that will be beneficial to PG&E's business. Work to continually provide high value and quality Gas NDE services throughout PG&E.
- Evaluate client needs and internal resources to determine what services to provide near and long term. Develop relationships with clients and obtain feedback on work on a regular basis.
- Maintain high level of customer satisfaction. Ensure that the Gas NDE team understands client needs and that project work/product/service meets client expectations. Ensure regular and effective client communication. Periodic interaction with client groups at the supervisor or manager level.
- Monitor project work processes, procedures and methods to ensure quality standards and compliance requirements are met.. Ensure equipment and tools are routinely tested, calibrated and in good operating condition.
- Oversee day to day project work of the NDE unit including supporting the development of bid proposals. Allocate project and unit resources to best meet client and project requirements and expectations.
- Lead change management initiatives and unit activities that support the effective implementation of improved safety and quality policies, programs and procedures.
- Participate in planning and coordination activities to assure the Gas NDE unit is integrated with other PG&E organizations and is prepared to meet future PG&E requirements.
- Prepare short and long term goals for the organization including billable hour and productive capacity. Complete assigned capital projects on budget and on schedule. Identify and purchase new capital tools as needed for projects.
- Work with others on strategic issues including development and implementation of the organization strategic plan, resource plans, and other special assignments. Prepare monthly progress reports on productivity and other critical business metrics.
- Supervise staff to accomplish results through effective recruitment and selection, training, development & coaching, performance management, employee engagement activities, and rewards and recognition.