Jacobs Technology is the advanced technology arm of Jacobs Engineering (NYSE:JEC), one of the largest engineering and technical service companies in the United States. Jacobs has partnered with NASA to support space flight programs for more than 40 years and held the predecessor Engineering and Science Contract (ESC) since 2005. We look forward to continuing that work as the prime contractor for the JSC Engineering, Technology, and Science (JETS) contract along with our eleven teammate companies to provide engineering, scientific and technical contract services at NASA's Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX). JETS provides products and technical services related to human operations in space through development and integration of a broad spectrum of engineering requirements. This includes human spacecraft flight and flight development products, human exploration mission planning for NASA, institution support services, and new technology development. At Jacobs, we believe that people are our greatest asset, and that is why we offer a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths.
Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for an Advanced Small Particle Processor will HX5, a JETS teammate company.
The Advanced Small Particle Processor will:
- Conduct research and test and develop protocols, processes and procedures to enable the curation and sample handling of new sample collections
- Explore and define next generation micro sample-handling techniques including cold curation, precision organic and inorganic contamination control, and robotics
- Explore relationships between the isotopic, mineralogical and elemental properties at the nanoscale
- Prepare small particles for a variety of geologic analyses to include the use of:
- FIB sectioning, FTIR, liquid chromatographs, electron microscopy and/or ion mass spectrometry
- Define data hierarchies and capture digital imaging, inventory, and cataloging of small particles
- Develop small sample handling processes and tools for future NASA sample return missions
- Prepare allocations of micrometer-sized Astromaterials
- BS degree from an accredited college or university in an associated technical discipline and four (4) years related experience, or MS degree in an associated technical discipline with two (2) years of related experience, or Ph.D. in an associated technical discipline.
- Experience working with astromaterial small particles
- Demonstrate strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
- Attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills
- Ph.D. degree from an accredited college or university in an associated technical discipline
Why Work for JETS?
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
Don't miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now! ( http:// xxxxxxx/ )
- Must be a U.S. citizen, and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. (100%)
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs (5% of time). Must have sufficient mobility to enter test facilities, or enter confined spaces as necessary (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.) (100%)
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required. (100%)
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
To the best of my knowledge, I meet the requirements to successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.