Jacobs is one of the world's leading providers in technical, professional and construction services. We specialise in architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and consulting. Our client portfolio includes industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
About the opportunity
Jacobs Power and Process group is involved in the design of HV Substations and Transmission Lines in ANZ. We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Engineer to the join the team to provide HV/EHV substation primary detailed designs to clients in the power generation, transmission, distribution, and industrial HV sectors.
Key responsibilities include
- Provide technical input into projects including preparing layouts, elevations, equipment lists, SLDs, undertaking clearance checks and busbar mechanical design. Specifically
- Ensure project work complies with the project scope of works, statutory/regulatory requirements and client standards
- Support field work of clients and their contractors during commissioning (mainly from office, but occasional site work will be required)
- Actively participate and lead business development for Power Transmission clients
To achieve success in this role you will have
- Hold relevant Tertiary qualifications in electrical engineering adequate for recognition to the Institute of Engineers; Chartered Status preferred
- Good working knowledge of AS2067 and be able to carry out design tasks independently
- Experience in carrying out fault rating analysis on rigid and flexible bus systems as per IEC xxxxxxx
- Demonstrate t approach to working in a multi-disciplinary project delivery environment
- Able to directly liaise with clients in a confident manner and lead meetings with clients
- Good understanding in substations protection and control design work including preparing protection schedules, panel layouts, AC & DC Schematics, Logic Diagrams, mapping tables and protection settings.
Some travel maybe required depending on project requirements.
At Jacobs we offer rewarding careers with ongoing development opportunities, flexible working arrangements and a culture that is collaborative and inclusive. We believe in collaboration and knowledge sharing, from global virtual teams to local work sharing options.
Achieve more with a global brand. Apply online by clicking on the link below.
Please note: If you are being represented by recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs. #LI-JC1