Serves as an electronic key management subject matter expert (SME) and technical lead supporting a Department of Defense Component. Provide system engineering support to customer responsible for Cryptographic Key Management to include PKI and KMI. Perform as SME in support of a highly technical team responsible for designing and developing an evolutionary strategies, architectures and concepts of operation to replace legacy cryptographic generation systems that provide the DoD a Net-Centric capability to provide secure software and key provisioning in support of our Nation.
Provide system engineering expertise to assist the Government in transforming cryptographic and key management capabilities to enable secure, interoperable, and sustainable solutions that protect and defend US national security communications and international partners. Perform analyses and recommend functional/architectural enhancements, as well as mitigations to counter threats to the Government's ability to deliver secure key management services. Develop architecture, strategy, and roadmap documentation that specifies architectural and functional capabilities required in the enterprise key and certificate management services to support evolving Defense and Civil Government as well as international partner customers. Define use cases, requirements, and implementation guidance for key and certificate use and management within composed CSfC solutions. Establish solution architectures and capability package guidance and requirements for the secure generation, distribution, and management of symmetric keys in CSfC solutions and applications.
MUST HAVE TS/SCI with FS POLYGRAPH
Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline
20 years of experience
• Experience in engineering systems to include generation, production, storage, protection, distribution, control, tracking, and destruction for cryptographic key material, symmetric keys as well as public keys and public key certificates, e.g., Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Key Management Infrastructure (KMI), and Electronic Key Management System (EKMS).
• Experience with PKI systems, Symmetric Key Management systems architecture and functionality, Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC), network technology and protocols, and international key management standards and protocols.
• Experience defining key and certificate management system strategies, concepts, architectures and requirements.
• Experience working with Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) framework.
• Knowledge of key management, the KMI program, and the JCIDS process and associated documents.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior executives, and team members.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Essential Functions
Working at a computer or desk (Considerations: Sitting, Eyes, Hands)
May involve long periods of sitting
An inside office environment (Considerations: Closed quarters, lighting, and temperature fluctuations)
Needs to be able to work well with and support co-workers and clients
Needs to have clear, concise and accurate communication skills
Equipment and Machines:
Standard office equipment and machines, computer workstation
Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines
Regular attendance is necessary and required
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with clients, management and employees
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to the employee or others
Must be able to support and work in a proactive team environment
Must hold the safety of yourself and those around you as the number one priority in the workplace
Completion of required certifications required within six (6) months of hire date
Must hold an active TS/SCI with FS polygraph level clearance