Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
Our Green Bay and Appleton, WI offices are currently seeking Vision and Inspection Systems Leadership professionals.
Scope of responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development of new or modification of existing machine vision and inspection system hardware and software. Interfacing to PLC hardware and software is required.
- Act as a subject matter expert for machine vision and inspection systems within Jacobs Wisconsin operations. Help Jacobs expand machine vision proficiency through mentorship, guidance, and training.
- Stay abreast of technological advancements in machine vision and inspection and help Jacobs anticipate client needs
- Lead or contribute to the development of project proposals
- Conceptualize and estimate vision and inspection system solutions effort
- Adhere to project standards for design and documentation
- Apply new vision and inspection system technologies to developmental and production applications
- Support hardware and/or software designs from conception through development and lab testing
- Lead teams to complete projects per scope, schedule, and budget expectations
- Travel to the customer facility for installation, check-out, and start-up as required
- Lead and assist others in troubleshooting software and hardware issues throughout the project lifecycle
- Report status to the project manager in an accurate and concise manner
- Actively engage in personal and team development/improvement efforts
- Contribute to department resource planning, recruiting, and project staffing decisions
- Development of PLC, Motion Control/Servo, VFD, DCS, and HMI software may be included for candidates with the correct skill set or desire to learn.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Operational experience and design application knowledge of a variety of Cognex Vision Systems including In-Sight, Checker, and Vision Pro
- Operational experience and design/configuration knowledge of industrial ethernet communication networks.
- Expertise with machine registration systems for web handling processes will be highly valued but is not required.
- Familiarity with Thermal imaging, 3D, OCR, and Bar Code Reading Technologies is desirable but not required.
- Proven experience maintaining effective and positive relationships with engineering management, project managers, project teams, clients, OEMs, and vendors
- Experience in the Pulp/Paper & Tissue, Food & Beverage, or Consumer Products industries
- Experience working in a matrix organization is desirable but not required
- At least 5 years of machine vision and inspection system experience required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- BS or MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering. Equivalent experience may be considered.
- Familiarity with HMI Systems from Wonderware Intouch and/or FactoryTalk View ME/SE is desirable
- Familiarity with multiple PLC platforms such as Allen-Bradley, Modicon, Giddings and Lewis, Reliance Automax, and Siemens S7 is desirable
- Equipment integration experience and electro-mechanical aptitude. Pneumatics or instrumentation experience is helpful.
- 10 - 20% travel will be required
**Position is eligible for relocation assistance**
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.