Jacobs is a leading service provider in Project Management, delivering projects at all stages from initial studies, design through to construction and maintenance, across the UK and internationally. Our projects include work in Rail, Highways, Water Utilities, Energy and Aviation, all of which are of critical long term importance to the general public, local and national economy and industry alike. Jacobs provides support for a wide range of clients including, government departments, local authorities and major contractors.
Jacobs are looking for an Assistant Project Manager with experience of working in the construction or consulting engineering in the Built Environment sector.
- Support Project Managers with the delivery of complex projects in the built environment
- Assist with the management/reporting requirements and the delivery of the project to the required standard, on time and within budget
- Work with clients and contractors with a diverse range of objectives in the definition of a successful project.
- Meet company objectives that are not always aligned with those of clients
- Comply with all relevant Legislation, Policies and Procedures
- Work with a diverse range of specialists and engineering professionals
- Provide technical solutions that meet the requirements of clients
- Support and encourage the project team members to devise technical solutions that meet the requirements of clients
- Promote, support and develop project teams to enhance project and business performance
You will also have experience of project managing the design and construction phases of buildings projects such as schools, housing, commercial property.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
As an Assistant Project Manager you will be working on major multi-disciplinary projects and supporting Project Managers on key projects. You would be responsible for liaising with design teams, and the contractual interfaces between the Designer and Client Co-ordinator.
- Liaising with the multi-disciplinary design teams
- Liaising with clients and design team members
- Ensuring quality deliverables within scope and programme
- Developing and maintaining excellent client relationships
- Identify the dependencies between these activities, and define the stages to ensure that we deliver quality (Do, review, amend, check, approve, issue)
- Prepare a competitive fee estimate:
- Resource-load the programme
- Ensure that you understand the risks, and assign an appropriate level of contingency
- Double check that we have accounted for all the required activities
- Benchmark the fee with similar projects and eliminate 'nice-to-haves'
Manage the risks:
- Identify the risk
- Assess their impact and probability
- Assign the appropriate mitigation strategy and assign ownership
- Check that the actions are being undertaken, monitor their effectiveness, and act
- Project management experience in complex settings
- Qualification in Project Management: Prince2/MAPM
- Ability to operate within various forms of contract
- Excellent communication skills with Clients and design team members
- Proven ability of successful major project delivery
Our clients want the real thing, and so do we. Join Jacobs, one of the Most Admired Companies in the industry. What sets us apart is our absolute belief in the power of you. Visit xxxxxxx for an opportunity to build your world.
Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the safety and well-being of all.