The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties related to design-build programs.
• Responsible for the overall coordination and delivery of design on large complex alternative delivery projects to include Design-Build and PPP projects.
• Effectively maintain diverse relationships with the Builder, Owner Representatives, and any number of project stakeholders and influencers.
• Has relationships with Builders and can assist in maintaining and further developing these relationships.
• Responsible for the Planning, direction, coordination of multi-discipline staff in a high intensity environment, often including multi-office execution.
• Works directly with project controls and scheduling staff to manage the project, analyze Earned Value and Schedule performance, and effectively work with various team interfaces to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
• Responsible for the overall quality and coordination of the work performed, client interface, utilization of staff, reputation and reflection of the Team and JACOBS, contract management, billing collection, and control of project profitability
• Establishes work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
• Directs and coordinates activities of Project Team that includes Architects, and Engineers to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Participates in interviews and presentations as applicable for support and growth of the Design-Build Practice Nationally.
• Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients as assigned.
• Serves as a representative of Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects.
• Develops, reviews and obtains confirmation of financial and project delivery schedule activities of design and construction as they relate to all disciplines involved.
• Identifies causes for revisions to projects and whether such changes are billable to the client.
• Assures that project team complies with the contract agreement as well as exercises rigid cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints.
• Responsible for the leadership, interpretation, organization, execution and coordination of project assignments and managing projects that are larger in scope and complexity
• Assist in the development of new business, marketing to potential and existing clients
• Work within other subgroups and may interact with clients, contractors, regulatory agencies, other consultants, and professional organizations
• Work will involve attending meetings, making presentations, and responding to questions
• Work closely with other staff in other departments which may not be within the same office
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Engineering is required
• Minimum 15 years' experience in complex multi-discipline project design management, including one or more Design-Build and/or PPP projects as Design Manager or Deputy Design Manager
• Design/Build project experience is required
• Registration as a Professional either in Architecture or Engineering is required
• Travel likely required depending on location of hire. Parameters of travel open
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.