The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs is seeking an entry level Environmental Engineer Co-op to work on water and wastewater infrastructure projects in our Nashville, TN office.
Primary Job Responsibilities - The role will include the following responsibilities:
1) Preliminary design, design, and construction management services for various water, wastewater, and related infrastructure projects for municipal and utility clients;
2) Supporting design tasks related to water distribution systems including: pumping, water storage, water treatment; Sanitary sewer systems including: pumping , rehabilitation of linear infrastructure, sewer conveyance, and wastewater treatment projects;
3) Development of engineering drawings and details using CAD tools; and
4) Collection of utility infrastructure asset data for integration with utility GIS networks.
•Requires candidate to be in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering program;
• Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and good organizational skills; and
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internally and externally.
Local candidates (Nashville TN) only.