Jacobs is a leading service provider in Project Management, delivering projects at all stages from initial studies, design through to construction and maintenance, across the UK and internationally. Our projects include work in Rail, Highways, Water Utilities, Energy and Aviation, all of which are of critical long term importance to the general public, local and national economy and industry alike. Jacobs provides support for a wide range of clients including, government departments, local authorities and major contractors.
Jacobs are looking for a Project Manager who will lead and manage the provision of technical consultancy services to major clients. As project manager you will also contribute to the solution of technical issues arising within projects.
• Be responsible for supporting; resources that are assigned, managing the project team and for day to day liaison with teams and clients
• Assist the management/reporting requirements and the delivery of the project to the required standard, on time and within budget
• To work with clients and contractors with a diverse range of objectives in the definition of a successful project.
• To meet company objectives that are not always aligned with those of clients
• To comply with all relevant Legislation, Policies and Procedures
• To work with a diverse range of specialists and engineering professionals
• To provide technical solutions that meet the requirements of clients
• To support and encourage the project team members to devise technical solutions that meet the requirements of clients
• To promote, support and develop project teams to enhance project and business performance
You will hold an Msc in Project Management, recognised by a Royal Institution and ideally you will also possess a principle Engineering degree.
The ideal candidate will be a member of the Association of Project Management or other recognised registration.
You will also have experience of project managing the design and construction phases of buildings projects such as schools, housing, commercial property.
• You will know the principles of Project Management, and have the ability to:
• Effectively plan, monitor and control the work of self and others taking account of the priorities of projects
• Plan, monitor and control the delivery of projects to clients
• Communicate with others and clients
• Report the commercial status of projects in accordance with company methods
• Assist project delivery to the cost, the time and the quality objectives of the company and clients
• Understand the factors affecting motivation of project team members and techniques for risk management
• Competent in MSOffice, MS Project, Earned Value, reporting Tools
Our clients want the real thing, and so do we. Join Jacobs, one of the Most Admired Companies in the industry. What sets us apart is our absolute belief in the power of you. Visit xxxxxxx for an opportunity to build your world.
Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the safety and well-being of all.