The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs is seeking a highly motivated professional to lead its Colorado and Utah operations. The candidate must have good leadership skills and a strategic focus with the ability to build a diverse construction management and engineering practice. This position will be located in our downtown Denver, CO office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Will lead project teams and provide day-to-day interface with clients.
- Responsible for development of infrastructure business for the Colorado region.
- Serves as the senior operations manager responsible for leading the performance of technical tasks and coordinating the use of resources to accomplish complex engineering and construction efforts.
- Responsible for project deliverables and supervision of project managers, project engineers and staff.
- Responsible for developing and mentoring senior staff in the Operation.
- Additional duties include interactions with clients, sub consultants, and the community.
- Assists in business development activities and supporting the development of technical proposals.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering required.
- Professional license is required
- 15+ years of experience in engineering, design, construction, estimating and management experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of project management experience involving direct client contact and full responsibility for engineering design and engineering during construction is required.
- Experience in the Colorado market is required.
- Experience in broad infrastructure (transit, aviation, ports, water/wastewater, transportation) is a plus.
- The candidate must have good leadership skills, a strategic focus to build an engineering practice, and be able to identify, attract and hire key additional staff.
- The candidate must be able to articulate clear vision and direction and have good social, networking and presentation skills.
- The job will require involvement in community and professional organizations and will require attendance at evening social and professional events.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.