The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
In this role, the Structural (Bridge) PE will design various bridge types, as well as miscellaneous transportation structures, and develop related plans and specifications, all under the supervision of a Senior Engineer. Typical work includes but is not limited to the following.
- Develop and provide oversight for design and inspection of bridges including underwater inspection and other structures for both highways and transit projects and marine foundations.
- Develop and provide oversight for the preparation of plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Prepare engineering reports
- Provide financial management for design projects
- Occasionally perform field work, including bridge inspections
- Assist with leadership and direction of structural department staff
- Work on multiple simultaneous projects/contracts
- Assist with marketing activities including preparation of proposals and presentations
Local (Virginia Beach VA) candidates preferred.
- Bachelors of Science in Civil/Structural Engineering required
- Master's Degree in Structural Engineering strongly preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in engineering related to design of transportation structures, including bridges, underwater bridge inspection, marine foundations, retaining walls, noise walls and foundations.
- Virginia DOT experience preferred
- Registration as a PE preferred
- Fluent in use of RISA, MicroStation and/or AutoCAD required.
- Experience providing direction to staff and sub-consultants desired
- Transit experience helpful
- NBIS Certification preferred
- Excellent communication, presentation, and technical writing skills required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Note to Virginia Job Seekers: Jacobs ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, you may contact us at xxxxxxx xxxxxxx. Persons with hearing-and speech-impairments can contact Jacobs by using the Virginia Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). Call 711 for TTY/TDD.